Wednesday, April 06, 2011

I don't seem to find the right words... Two weeks from now is going to be the last day at this office. Am feeling sentimental. These days shifting jobs is not such a big thing.. everyone does it once in every few years. But close to 13 years in one place - it grows on you.... Not that I've been at the same location with the same team, but more or less, I've been with the same product all through out.

Just out of college, 15 of us were chosen to be in the team with a great person, who had the idea and believed in us to get the idea into an actual product. We all learnt from him and from several others, seniors and juniors, who joined the team as the time passed. Everything was new (atleast for me) and we all believed in the idea and were completely enthusiastic to deliver what has been told. As any new product idea, we saw it getting different names, positioning, technologies - frustrating when you had to cope up with the speed of the change - but it all helped us learn. I've been lucky to have been part of the delivery, implementation and testing teams over the years which has shaped up my career.

I have had my ups and downs, have made my share of mistakes, have had in-numerous fights with teams, have had fun, have made friends ...

Personally - I owe lots to this place - I met my husband here ;)

When I completed 10 years here, friends who had left (who were part of the team of 15) commented that I will retire from here. I believed that I will do so even 5 months back!

Hmmm.. but then things change, priorities change and the change itself starts to happen. I am going to be in a new city, new job, new language and new culture.. Yes i've done it before, but without the job part... That comfort is not there this time :(. But as usual, the adventurous me thinks Change is for good and is going to add more to my experience, maturity and growth and so... am all ready to face yet another challenge!


No comments: